At Manchester City Council we have our MCR+ scheme; a one-stop-shop for all employee benefits.
Through the MCR+ hub, employees can access:
A wide range of retail discounts at big national chains and local businesses. Employees can save on the weekly shop, eating out, holidays around the world, high street fashion and more.
Manchester Credit Union
A range of savings accounts and affordable loans are available via Manchester Credit Union. Savings or loan repayments can be conveniently taken directly from salary each month to make things simpler.
Reduced cost season tickets covering trains, buses and Metrolink trams. There’s the option of an interest-free loan, with monthly payments taken directly from salary over twelve months. There’s also the Cycle to Work Scheme, offering loans through salary sacrifice, potentially saving over 35% off the cost of a new bike and accessories. A cycle allowance is also available and many of our buildings have changing facilities and showers for cyclists. For those who need to drive, we have car sharing and short-term car hire options. There’s also discounted annual season tickets for city-centre parking from NCP.
The City Council’s pension schemes offer employees the option to save for their retirement in a tax-efficient way. There are lots of benefits to join the pension scheme which include:
- Defined benefit scheme, guaranteed and backed by law.
- Employer pays 18.5% – A big contribution which is lost when not in the scheme.
- Tax relief on contributions so doesn’t always cost what you might think.
- Life Cover– 3 x salary as a lump sum if you die in service.
- A number of ways to top-up your benefits, including a shared cost salary sacrifice option, meaning savings on National Insurance Contributions and Income Tax on additional contributions.
Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
Achieve a better work-life balance by purchasing up to 10 additional days leave per leave year (pro-rata for part time staff).
Health and Wellbeing Benefits
What you’ll get:
- Competitive Salary
- Access to health and wellbeing support
- 26 days (+5 after 5 years) annual leave
- A mix of working from home and on site
- 3 days volunteering leave
- Development to progress your career
- Local Government Pension Scheme